Beechcraft D50B Twin Bonanza: A classic and capable aircraft
The Beechcraft D50B Twin Bonanza is a fixed-wing, multi-engine aircraft that has captured the hearts of aviation enthusiasts for decades. With its timeless design and impressive performance, this classic aircraft continues to stand out in the world of general aviation. In this blog post, we will delve into the history of Beechcraft, explore the features and specifications of the D50B model, and highlight why it is a great choice for pilots seeking a challenging and rewarding flying experience.
History of Beechcraft and the D50B: Beechcraft, a renowned American manufacturer, has a rich legacy in the aviation industry. Founded in 1932, the company has consistently produced high-quality aircraft known for their reliability and performance. The D50B Twin Bonanza, introduced in 1959, is a testament to Beechcraft’s commitment to excellence.
Description of N1600G
The Beechcraft D50B Twin Bonanza is a classic aircraft that boasts impressive features and capabilities. With a tail number N1600G and a serial number DH-211, this aircraft has a total time of 4,400 hours and has undergone a major overhaul, with 800 hours since then. Its excellent condition and meticulous maintenance make it a standout choice.
The D50B is equipped with two powerful Lycoming GO-480 engines, each delivering 295 horsepower. With a cruise speed of 180 mph and a range of 1,200 miles, it offers both speed and endurance with a thrifty 24 GPH cruise. The spacious cabin can comfortably accommodate up to six passengers, making it suitable for business travel, personal transportation, or light cargo hauling.
D50B N1600G Specifications:
- Airframe: The aircraft has a total time of 4,400 hours, with no damage history. It has a gross takeoff weight of 6,300 lbs and a basic capacity of 4,579 lbs. The useful load is 1,721 lbs, and it can carry 180 gallons of fuel.
- Engine: Powered by two Lycoming GO-480 engines, each with 295 horsepower. The engines have undergone a major overhaul, with 800 hours since then. They have a time between overhaul (TBO) of 1,200 hours, and many owners have reported getting upwards of 2,000 hours.
- Prop: Equipped with two McCauley propellers, which have approximately 650 hours since new.
- Avionics: The aircraft features a range of avionics, including the GNS 530, King MX170B, King KR87ADF, PS Engineering Audio Panel, Garmin GTX 330 ADS-B Transponder, STEC 55X Autopilot, JPI 450 Fuel Flow, Stratus USB Charger Ports, and a Slaved HSI.
- Additional Features: The D50B is loaded with convenient and practical features, including spin-on oil filter adapters, an over-wing entry door, retractable boarding steps, comfortable seating arrangements, storage options, and various overhauled components for enhanced performance and safety.
- Exterior: The aircraft sports an attractive exterior with a Ryder Yellow and Matahorne White color scheme, complemented by a Sunshine decal, rating 7 out of 10 in terms of condition.
- Interior: The interior showcases white leather upholstery, exuding a luxurious and pristine ambiance, rated 10 out of 10.
With its classic design, impressive performance, and meticulous maintenance history, the Beechcraft D50B Twin Bonanza stands as a timeless aircraft in the world of general aviation. Whether you’re a seasoned pilot or an aspiring aviator, this aircraft offers a thrilling and rewarding flying experience. Don’t miss the opportunity to own and fly a piece of aviation history with the Beechcraft D50B Twin Bonanza register to place the winning bid on this auction today.